Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Parisian Sunday

  This morning we slept til nine and now it feels like we are over our jet-lag.  We bundled up and spent the next twelve hours wandering around Paris.  Our feet hurt, but we had a wonderful day and saw some amazing sights.  
  Allie and Marc climed to the top of Notre Dame and saw a gargoyle's view of Paris.  We went inside and marveled at the sheer awesomeness of the cathedral.  

  We found a little antique market, where I bought some beautiful antique lace, and we visited Shakespeare and Company where we got some lovely books.  

  We fnished the second half of the giant Christmas market, and went to see the Eiffel Tower with it's sparkling lights (every hour after dark for five minutes).  We also went to my favorite little monestary shop, where we were served by a very nice polyglot nun.  
  Now I'm doing something I have always dreamed of, sitting on my bed in my hotel room, looking a the Eiffel Tower out the window!  Yes, we can actually see it (at least the top).  I have always said that in movies all hotel rooms in Paris have a view of the tower, and now it's true in real life!



No comments:

Post a Comment